Friday, July 20, 2012

Writing progress

Writing a novel while having a full-time "day job" gets difficult. I make the most progress when I don't try to force it and instead wait until I feel inspired (that's the best word I can come up with for the feeling) to write. Which is often in the middle of the day ... when I'm working and can't put words down; not for my personal purposes, anyways. Thus, my progress is very uneven - I might make no progress for a month, then throw down 5,000 words in two hours.

That's how things have gone this summer. Life is busy! I don't make money writing books (at least not right now!) which means I don't have much time to write books. Even when I try to make time, I don't get much done unless I'm feeling it, whatever "it" is. I've written far less than I would like over the course of the summer, though when I do write I feel good about it and am plenty productive.

Current progress: I'm almost done with Part 1 of City of the Lords, the sequel to Lord of the City. Soon I'll see how I do writing from someone else's perspective than Kenton's in this world. Hopefully, it turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment