Friday, September 28, 2012

Continuing progress

City of the Lords continues along, though not quite as fast as I'd like. I'm making steady progress on Part 2 and have the beginning laid out for Part 3. Due to the way the story works out, I'll be writing parts of Part 3 before I'm done with Part 2 - the two occur simultaneously in certain chapters, and I want to make sure to keep things consistent. I've got a fairly complicated timeline worked out, more for my reference than anything else - the story doesn't end up too complicated when it's written, but one thing I've had hammered into my head from decades of reading other peoples' work is that consistency matters. Few things bug me more than reading someone's story and realizing that it simply couldn't have occurred the way they laid it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment